Smores Cups

It was time for our Holiday Potluck at work this week so I whipped up some yummy desserts for the affair! I was a little nervous about making these Smores Cups because I typically do not have good luck getting things out of my muffin pans without them breaking apart but YEAH!! I sprayed these down heavily with Pam w/ Flour and they came right up!
What you need:
Mini Muffin Pan
Pam w/Flour
7 whole graham crackers (1 cup finely crushed)
1/4 cup powdered sugar
6 tablespoons butter, melted
4 bars (1.55 oz each) milk chocolate candy, divided or 1/2 package of mini chocolate chips
12 large marshmallows

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Place graham crackers in zip loc bag and crush finely- I used a rolling pin to roll mine into a fine mixture- but I have used plenty of other things in the past to crush graham crackers- just open your utensil drawer and be creative!!

After crushed mix in bowl with butter & powder sugar.
Place about a tablespoon of the mixture into each spot (you want them about 2/3 cup full)
Press Crumbs to create a shallow cup- a tart press would work- or if you are like me and don't have all that- I found the tablespoon measuring spoon worked perfectly!!
Bake in oven for 5-6 minutes in oven










While that is cooking break apart the chocolate bar into the little squares. Take each marshmallow and cut in half- it helps if you run your knife thru cold water or freeze before using.






Once done, remove from oven and place 1 square or 8-9 chocolate chips into each cup. As you are working you will notice the chips change to a lighter brown- they are melting! For the most part by the time you get done filling each cup with chips they will all be melted.









Place marshmallow cut side down into each cup. Bake for 2-3 minutes or until marshmallows are slightly softened.









Let cool for 15 minutes in the pan, then gently remove from pan and place on a cooling rack. I used a knife to gently separate from the pan. Then they just popped right out.









Let cool completely- you need the marshmallows to set otherwise when you dip them it will pull out of the cup. (Trust me it will happen if you rush it!) While you were waiting put a handful of chips or the rest of the chocolate bar in a microwave safe dish and cook for 1-2 minutes or until melted completely - stirring throughout the heating process(about every 20 seconds).





Dip the smores cups into the melted chocolate to form the tops! Let set for 30-40 minutes to harden the chocolate.







Original recipe from The Pampered Chef.




Enjoy!
~Elizabeth

Margaret  – (December 14, 2011 at 11:28 AM)  

Oh my goodness! Those look delicious! I will definitely be back to visit this post and copy the recipe and try those in my mini muffin pan. YUM!

Nicki  – (December 14, 2011 at 9:32 PM)  

I believe I saw these on Pinterest or somewhere and man, do they look yummy. I like the step-by-step photos; nicely done (you'd make Pioneer Woman proud!)

Reds  – (December 15, 2011 at 7:24 AM)  

Mmmmmm - I am totally gonna make these!! TFS!

Tracie  – (December 15, 2011 at 11:11 AM)  

These sound and look so yummy! My kids would love them.

No and Jen  – (December 15, 2011 at 12:54 PM)  

oh my gosh. these look so yummy.

itsjustcalledspicy.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP