Reindeer Cookies

There are tons of reindeer cookie ideas floating around the web and pinterest. Some use peanut butter cookies, some with nutter butter cookies, some using m&m's or chocolate covered pretzels. But I needed something I could take to my daughter's class party and we have a peanut allergy in her class so I knew that I was going to have to modify these so all could enjoy.

My daughter did not want to use m&m's and so we looked at what we had in the pantry and came up with mini chocolate chips and red icing for the nose. These were very easy to make and she enjoyed helping! Have you started to notice a theme for most of my recipes...simple ingredients and easy to make with children!

What you need;
1 package of rolled sugar cookie dough (or peanut butter cookie dough)
mini pretzels
chocolate chips or m&m's for the eyes
red icing, red hots, or red m&m's for the nose

Preheat oven based on cookie dough directions
Cut rolled dough into slices- mold on pan into an oval or diamond shape
Place mini pretzels into each corner at top
Place chocolate chips/m&m's in dough for eyes & nose (if using)

Cook per directions, let cool completely then add red icing for the nose!!

Enjoy!
~Elizabeth

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP