Teen Halloween Party: Mummy Food

So I know it is November but since I just started this blog I thought I could play catch up for a bit. My 14 year old son wanted to have a halloween party this year and since we now have the space to entertain I said Ok!

I immediately went to my favorite addiction on the web, Pinterest to start searching for cool teen food options! I am going to break this up into a few posts but today we will start with the Mummy themed food!


First up: Mummy smokies! This was super easy to make and a cute spin on pigs in a blanket! Take a can of crescent rolls and pull apart the crescents- then cut each crescent into strips- wrap the strips around your smokie to form the mummy cloth. Cook as directed on the back of the crescent can. Then use mustard or ketchup for the eyes. (Considering my son frowned when I started adding the mustard as eyes I left some blank for those who do not like mustard on their hot dogs!)

Mummy Spinach Dip & Crackers

I found this next recipe Here

It was alot easier then I thought it was going to be- however I should have let my crust rise longer then the suggested time.

The original recipe called for the eyes to be made out of olives but since this was a teen friendly party and I did not have any olives around- I used wilton's candy eyes! It was a little creepy with it staring back at me!



Next I cut & scooped the inside part out and added my favorite spinach dip & wheat thins for dipping. Yummy Mummy!Happy Halloween!

~Elizabeth

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP