Teen Halloween Party Food

Here is part 2 of my son's Halloween Party. Part 1 was all about Mummy food but here are some of the other items we made for his party! Let me just say 2 things!
1. Over buy decorations as it does not go nearly as far as you think it will.
2. Teenage girls will not eat much if there are teenage boys around!! Although they did eat up the pretzel rods and mummy smokies!!
I saw this great drink dispenser at a friend's birthday party and rushed out to Sam's to get one for myself and even better it was on clearance. It was perfect for our Halloween Party as it had a center part made for the ice however I put mini skulls in there- then as the kids drank the blood (I mean hawaiian punch) the skulls were revealed. Just as a side note this dispenser holds 2 jugs of Hawaiian punch!




Bones Breadsticks- I found the recipe
Here




These again were so much easier then I thought they would be- you just take the breadsticks and roll them until they are thin enough to tie the ends up. I used spaghetti sauce instead of dip to give it more of a bones and blood look. One thing to note was I made these in advance and then reheated them right before the party- they were ok but no where near as good as the ones we tried the night before right out of the oven. So if you can I would suggest having these be the last things you cook before your party.




Cheese Fingers served on a Silver Platter!
Again super easy to make but a bit time consuming. Take String Cheese and cut in half- then cut a sliver off the end to make the fingernail- the original version I saw had almonds as the fingernails but my son came up with Pepperoni to use instead- so we had red fingernail polish!! Cut the pepperoni to fit the sliver and push lightly into cheese- you could add a small amount of cream cheese here if you need to- we didn't. The take the back of your knife and make 3 knuckle marks in the middle of the cheese- you could also do these towards the other end if you wanted more knuckles on your fingers.








Witches Hats:
These are great for your younger children to help make. They are simply fudge stripe cookies turned upside down with a hershey kiss attached to the top with orange wilton icing!




Pretzel Rods:
We had leftover chocolate melts from a treat I had made for my daughter's kindergarten class so we used those to make chocolate covered pretzel rods. I will tell you we used the Kroger Pretzel Rods because they appeared to have the fewest broken in the bag- and none of them broke during the process. Just dip in your favorite melted chocolate, sprinkle with holiday sprinkles and lay on wax paper and put in freezer to dry for at least 20 minutes. I then added them to a bowl of candy corn so they would stand up and be easy to grab!













Happy Partying!
~Elizabeth

Macrae  – (November 3, 2011 at 9:17 AM)  

You are amazing! How do you have time to do all of this?

Admin  – (November 3, 2011 at 1:59 PM)  

Thanks! You need to create a blog too! I know you are always whipping up some awesome creations at your house!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP