Our New Home!

What..you moved?? I didn't even know you were looking...well I wasn't really. But the minute I stepped into this house I knew it was perfect for us. You see my mom always jokes with me that my furniture is on wheels- I like change, and I like to move things around..alot!!

So about 2 years ago I started just checking out what was available in the market. We had been in our current home for about 2 1/2 years and we had outgrown it already. I had already moved everyone around in hopes of making more space but we were still always on top of each other! I would often see homes that I thought were possible options for us and about every 6 months I would email my awesome realtor and ask her about interest rates and down payment information or could she look up some more information about a certain house. She would get back with me, I would drive around. But the timing was never right.

However this fall my youngest daughter would be starting kindergarten, this meant we would no longer have to pay for daycare expenses, we had paid off both our cars in the past year and I took a new job at my company...see where this is going!!
I happened to look at the real estate listings one day and found this awesome home that was a foreclosure- I called my realtor up, we set up a time to meet later that week. About 2 hours before we were supposed to meet I called her up and asked her about this short sale I had found online- it was empty so could we add that to our list along with the other house. She said sure!

We decided to meet at the home that was the short sale first. The minute I walked in..I knew it was right. I walked into the master bathroom and about died- it was huge! It had a walk thru shower which meant my plus sized body would fit and not feel claustrophobic like it did in our old stand up shower cube!! The master closet was huge and had plenty of room for both of our stuff. I walked out of the master bathroom and into the kitchen/hearth room and the biggest smile was on my face- it was everything I had wanted- a big open kitchen for cooking with my family- the hearth room for the kids to have a place to hang out and 4 ovens!! Ha! That was really funny because while I love to cook- I would have no idea what to do with 4 ovens!! Each room I walked into was perfect- exactly what I had wanted in our next home.

It was time to drive to the foreclosure- I wanted to see it just to be sure that the previous home was indeed the right house for us- and not that I was just in awe of a much larger home. After walking thru it - it just confirmed my thoughts that the other house was right for us...Now to convince my husband!

I won't make this too long but it took me about a week to get the budget and finances lined up so that I could present my case as to why we should move to my husband. I asked him to come look at the house with an open mind and he agreed! A couple days later we wrote the offer- and 3 months later we were heading to our closing. Over all our short sale moved much faster then we had anticipated - typically they take 3-6 months and ours took the shorter side of 3 months but we love it and every morning that I walk thru our home I fall in love with it again!

So want to know what our new home looks like...well here it is!

Tracie  – (December 15, 2011 at 11:13 AM)  

Congratulations Elizabeth, it's beautiful! Can't wait to see shots of the inside :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP