Halloween Treats - that didn't make the party!

Another pinterest inspired treat- meringue ghosts! Original recipe can be found Here

We gathered all the ingredients and started out to make our ghosts- we did these about 3 days before the party as the recipe said they last a couple of days afterwards! And so we started beating the egg whites.
After beating for about 30 minutes we decided they HAD to be stiff enough..right..I mean it did not say it would take an hour to beat..so we decided to start the process of piping the ghosts.






I did not have a real pastry bag so I just used a zip loc bag and then cut off the corner. The recipe said these would make around 36- but we made 60+ so obviously I did not make big enough ghosts- this became very apparent half way thru when they started to look more like blobs then ghosts! I attempted to put 2 mini choc chips on them and they barely fit...so what did we do...we created eyeballs or cyclops instead! Yep nothing like having a creative family to come up with something out of this mess! We cooked them for the 1 1/2 hours then waited....the recipe said they would melt in your mouth- nope no melting at our house! So I left my 2 pans of cyclops on the stovetop and walked away disappointed- only to catch my husband later sneaking some and commenting about how good they were!





Needless to say these did not make it on the party table and we are classifying it as an epic fail! But hey sometimes that happens- and just to keep this blog real I thought I would show you that sometimes the recipes don't always turn out! I should comment later as I was telling a coworker about how they turned out she asked me had it been a rainy day- which it had so maybe that's what the problem was!!






~Elizabeth

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP