Chocolate Dipped Smores

I needed to come up with something quick and yummy to take to my office Halloween Potluck. I had seen a recipe for chocolate dipped smores and thought since we had most of the ingredients already around that I would give these a try.

I love to make things with my kids- it's no problem to have my oldest help me but I often struggle to find things my 5 year old can do with me beyond just dumping the ingredients in the bowl- so I get real excited to try even the simplest of recipes if she can help. This was one of those so round up your kiddos so you all can create smores tonight!

What you will need:
Graham Crackers
Mini Marshmallows
Chocolate chips (also used to make the dip)
sprinkles for the top


Preheat oven to 350
To start break apart your graham crackers and place on aluminum foil lined pan
Place mini marshmallows on one side and chocolate chips on the other
Place in oven for just a few minutes until chocolate chips are soft and marshmallows have started to poof up - if you use big marshmallows they will poof alot faster!
Once melted to your liking, place one side with marshmallows and one side with chocolate chips together and squish them together! (This is a great time to taste your smore to make sure they are perfect before you make the next batch!)

I put mine in the freezer for a few minutes to help set the chocolate while I melted the chocolate chips for the dip. Place some chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl (I used a drinking glass or mug) for about 30 seconds or until melted. Stir the chocolate until smooth- and dip your smore in until you have covered the bottom half of them. Sprinkle with any toppings you would like
I have also seen some variations with different chips or melted toppings. To turn these into smore pops just use half of a graham cracker, larger marshmallows & chips. When you take out of the oven insert a lolipop stick on top of the marshmallow before you put the chocolate side on top. Allow some extra time in the freezer to set the stick and chocolate.




Linked up at

Nicki  – (November 8, 2011 at 5:17 PM)  

These look very tasty (and so not on my diet).

Gypsy Girl(Brenda)  – (November 8, 2011 at 6:41 PM)  

These look so yummy. I wished I would have thought of the freezer when we made ours. We had a little trouble with the melting. Thanks for the tip.

Admin  – (November 8, 2011 at 7:11 PM)  

Nicki- what if you replaced the chips inside with banana slices or some other fruit and then dipped in a yogart based topping??

Reds  – (November 9, 2011 at 7:31 AM)  

Not on my diet either - but so cute and yummy!

Margaret  – (November 9, 2011 at 10:51 AM)  

Those are great! They look so tasty!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP