Candy Corn Marshmallow Treats

Yep you guessed it - another pinterest inspired treat to make with my kids...Are you starting to figure out why I named this blog "A Sprinkle of Inspiration!"

This time I wanted to make something with my daughter and send it to school for her kindergarten class as a treat for after fall break.

These were so fun to make- and the chocolate melts were so yummy I had a hard time keeping myself from eating the leftover melted chocolate!!





What you will need:
Wilton Candy Melts in Orange and Yellow
Marshmallows
Lolipop Sticks
Lolipop Bags for wrapping later on

I could not find yellow so I purchased white candy melts and added candy coloring- not food coloring. Insert a lolipop stick into each marshmallow then stand upright on wax paper tray. After melting chocolate in microwave for about 20 seconds or until melted dip marshmallows about 2/3 of the way in the orange chocolate. Then put finished marshmallows in freezer for a few minutes to let chocolate harden. Once harden and dried- dip marshmallow into yellow chocolate 1/3 of the way up and set on wax paper tray- again you can put them in the freezer to speed up the hardening process.









Ours were not perfect- to be honest nothing is ever perfect or straight if I am involved in it. My daughter helped me dip and it was more fun for us to do these together then to make sure that the dipping was perfectly lined up! Afterwards we placed them in the lolipop treat bags and tied an orange or yellow ribbon around the bottom to seal it.





I have seen these where they are then stuck into a small hay bale but I never got around to the store to buy one- so ours were just neatly placed in a bag for school.








That afternoon when my daughter got home- we all could not wait to check her bag and see if there were any extras leftover- and to our excitement there were a few still left in her bag! Yippee!!

You can find the original inspiration Here

Happy Baking!
~Elizabeth

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP