To Be 13

Last night I got the joy of spending 2 1/2 hours with a 13 yr old, not just any 13 yr old but my best friend's daughter. You may think this is no big deal but as I was laying in bed with my 2yr old daughter it dawned on me that I was 13 when I met her mom. Yep we have been best friends now for over 21 years! I just thought of all this great wisdom and advice I wish I had shared with her while we were running around taking photos, like:
1. Choose your friends wisely you may have them for a lifetime.
2. Your first love will always be special no matter how long the relationship lasts.
3. Love your mom for who she is- there is no other like her
4. Don't judge others before you really get to know them.

You would have never guessed her mom and I would have remained friends all these years. Our styles were complete opposite back in jr high - and still are. I was the preppy one she was the grunge one! Although I will say 21 years later her mom has finally moved over to the preppy side and bought her first minivan!! Yet thru marriages, moves, and children we have remained best friends. She is the one I call in the middle of the night when I am upset, she was the first one I told I was pregnant (both times). She is my soul- my best friend and I miss her dearly.

You see another reason why tonight was so special for me is that we only get to see them twice a year - they moved across the country 12 years ago! Yet our relationship has survived thru the miles.

Miss A- choose your friends wisely they will be there for you forever!

And what is a post without some photos so here are a few of the great photos I got tonight of Miss A. It will take me a few days to get them all edited but I will post a few sneak peaks each night.

Hope you like them.





Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP