The Storm

So once again I found myself driving home from work with the tornado sirens going off in our area. Why is it that no matter whether I stay late, leave early or on time...I am always halfway home on the worst road to pull over on when the sirens go off. Luckily for us this storm only produced strong wind and rain. There was a point where I was stopped at the intersection and I could see the wind pushing the rain down the street. The trees were blowing over, the cars were shaking from the strong gusts and it was raining so hard you could barely see out your window. Yet I kept driving home- I just kept thinking another couple yards and I will be past it. Well as I crossed over the state line the damage was obvious. Trees snapped and uprooted, power lines blocking subdivisions and fences on the ground. The rain stopped as I pulled into my neighborhood and what do I see as I come down my street but all the men standing out in the yard staring at the storm and clouds passing by.

**Update turned out to be an F2 tornado that touched down in the town next to ours. Glad to be safe but please pray for our friends who lost their home when a BIG tree fell on it. They were all home and are safe but their home will likely have to be demolished and rebuilt.


A few trees down in the big park near our house- I took these out the window of my car because it was still storming.

A couple photos using the macro setting on my camera.


After the storm about 8pm CST. When you looked to the west this is what you saw: These are the real colors of the sky- I promise.

The sky looked like it was on fire as the sun set.



A sepia conversion to the sky.
What you saw when you looked towards the east- the storm clouds moving by. The sky was almost black except the white/gray clouds.


Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP